Static Movement

A Blog for our Webzine, Static Movement

Thursday, January 19, 2006

WARNING...RANT AHEAD

Yep, they have changed their minds yet again. I got an email that just said;

Due to unforseen circumstances, the book, "Boobies, Buzzards, and a Coupla Smoochies is being cancelled.
I know that all of you put a lot of work into the book, and for that I am truly sorry.
All the best with your writing careers, and have a wonderful 2006.
(subject line: I'm very sorry)

I'm very sorry too. I'm outspoken enough that if they decide to change their minds yet again, they probably won't include my two chapters, but oh well and who cares? Here goes:

I don't have to get an email telling me what happened, I already can guess. Someone said something to someone who told someone else and it got around to everyone putting in their two cents worth and now it's off again. Naturally, I wasn't involved in any of it because I am busy writing and trying to run a zine.

I was asked to join a certain messageboard and I did, posted a few messages, and here is an email I got this morning concerning that:

***It has come to my attention that there is some trouble between members of (name of board removed by me). Because of this, I am reopening our rules and guidelines for all members. Please read them. If you cannot abide by them, please ask to be removed as a member.

Also if you have any questions, concerns or problems, please pm or email me. I (Name removed) am the one in control of the board. )Name removed), the moderator, is a helping force.

Sincerely: (whomever)***

I can't tell you how I HATE these types of letters, and may I mention that some of the same people who sent me this belong to the group who WAS going to publish the above book. WHy do I hate these letters?? Yep, I'm going to tell you...

The letter was mass mailed obviously, because I haven't had ANY trouble with anyone and so I know it was sent to everyone on the board...and well folks, that's just plain wrong, and it's also high school. I wrote back and asked to be taken off of the membership of that place. Don't email me with other people's troubles, if I make a mistake or do something stupid, sure, let me know, but don't treat me as if I'm some part of the gang because quite frankly I AM NOT!


Why does all of this bother me so? Because I AM BUSY! Because I'm drowning in personal problems that you can't possibly have a clue about, but still writing when someone requests me to, and then they pull the rug out, and then tell me to READ THE RULES...are you kidding? I'm 51 years old for gods sake, yelling all around the internet about people NOT reading MY guidelines and then someone has the audacity to send me spam???? And all this after a personal plea for me to join? Please!

Rant over...but I'm still pissed off.

Thought I was gone didn't you? Here is one more thing...


I just read over on another forum that Bewildering Stories has signed a contract to do print copies , their time travel contest is where they will get some, if not all of their stories from.

They are getting LOTS of entries, and if you'd like to be in the running to be in the book, you should go see the guidelines and enter...I entered two, not one but TWO stories that were NOT accepted into the contest...I'm starting the year out like a bull in a china shop, who ever heard of a CONTEST entry being rejected? LOL, OMG.

You enter though, it's a good shot at being published in a print book...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 
()()