Static Movement

A Blog for our Webzine, Static Movement

Monday, January 02, 2006

About Links

I wonder. In Static Movement I thought it would be cool to make the zines in a bio links so that other people could visit these other zines. I also think it looks good.

I accepted a work for Feb. asking the person to send links to their credits so that I could do that...and the person wasn't happy. They said some of the zines only keep work on for a small amount of time, and then said some zines are not happy with the links. Huh? I love links on a site and would love people to put Static Movement as a link on theirs. It's advertisement, it brings hits to a site, and might just give some people ideas of where to submit their work.

I guess now I will have to ask every place that I want to link to if it's okay...I just can't imagine that anyone would say, "Oh, please don't link to my zine...I don't want people to come and read us."

I rejected the work I had already accepted, seems to me attitudes are not warranted nor welcome in this business, aren't we all helping each other? You allow me to use your work on my zine and it makes us all look good, but then if we can't get along, well, it just won't work that way.

It took hours for me to look up all the links in everyone's bios. I felt it was a good thing, and I don't think it is too much to ask, if a writer puts names in the bio for them to do the looking up...am I right?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:30 PM, Anonymous paulXray said…

    oh yeah...
    and PS: thanks for the link to my blog
    ;)

     
  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger Chris Bartholomew said…

    You are very welcome - I love reading your blog and think everyone should read it...though judging by your stats, everyone is, lol.

    Chris

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 
()()