Static Movement

A Blog for our Webzine, Static Movement

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Perks

Here it is, Sunday December 4th already. Time is going very fast, but that might just be because I'm not young and looking forward to things as young people do. Can anyone identify with this time thing?

I was approached today by someone wanting to know if I would be interested in their doing an interview of someone I've been following for quite some time. Of course, I said yes. This is a person that I think a lot of and I believe an interview would be very interesting. Having a webzine does have its perks, meeting people is one of them.

I've had a very full day of writing, trying to meet deadlines and such, but I wanted to touch bases with all who read this blog and say that I am enjoying the submissions and contacts. I am also enjoying all of the people who are now posting on the Static Movement Forum, you should go read and join. I know there are so many forums out on the internet now, but it's really nice to see that apparently there is room for more.



THE OPPOSITE OF PERKS...WHAT'S THE WORD?

That would be the writer who thinks their writing is so good that there's no way a group of editors could be right if they say no to publishing it. Some people need to get a grip. At Static Movement, I really do strip the names off of the submissions before sending them out to be read by our editors. Every now and then I slip up, but those times are few and far between. When they say no, they have no idea who they are rejecting, and most of the writers so far are happy with that, they want to be published because they wrote something we liked, not because of who they are.

I will admit that there have been times when someone who is known has been rejected and I thought it might be bad for my chances at getting published, but for the writer who has made it into our webzine, I will not compromise, it's going to be done fairly.

Well...back to it, and until next time, keep writing!

Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 
()()