Static Movement

A Blog for our Webzine, Static Movement

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Guidelines

Guidelines

I made them simple, and I wish people would read them. I'm not mad, but a tad irritated. I went to all the trouble to set the stories, and find two reprints. The guidelines started out saying NO REPRINTS so when these works were sent in, the fact that we didn't accept them was in plain site right were people know to find them.

These two wanted their work in Static Movement so I've changed the guidelines to accept reprints but I'd like to know before hand that they are reprints. I am online reading often, and just thought I'd check and see if anything we had accepted was online, but I hope not to have to do that with every issue as it's time-consuming for me.

One guy sent in a submission with two stories. The guidelines still say to send in only one story at a time...I'm in my nice phase right now, being new and all, but I can feel the witch is coming so be warned, from now on it's likely I'll be sending submissions back before they reach an editor if I can see that you have not read the guidelines.

I love other writers, I really do or we wouldn't be doing the zine, but I don't want to do your job...when I was submitting stories, you never came and did mine - READ THE GUIDELINES.

Chris

2 Comments:

  • At 11:45 PM, Anonymous paulXray said…

    Well, don't let it get to you. Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything you can do (apart from actually writing and submitting the stories on the writiers' behalf -haha). I'm sure it'll keep happening regardless of how precise you make the guidelines.
    I think I've even been guilty of being too eager to submit somewhere than to read the fine print...

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger Chris Bartholomew said…

    Hi paulxray,
    I have done it too...lol.
    I think I better lighten up.
    When are you going to submit a story?
    Chris

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 
()()